BROWNWOOD, Texas - St. Mary's Catholic Church held their grand opening Tuesday for a new academy for preschoolers.
ABC Academy is for ages 3-5 and will be held on Tuesday and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Classes will follow the BISD schedule and begin the first week of September.
While there are many schools hosted through churches like this in Brownwood director of the academy, Amy Perez, said this program will be faith based but focus on hands-on activities with math, science, literature and critical thinking.
"We do not use a canned curriculum," said Perez "all of the curriculum specialist came together to create our own and so every single aspect of the curriculum is unique to this program."
Churches are not required to have a license to begin programs like this but St. Mary's is in the process of obtaining one. This will make them the second in the town to be licensed by the state.
All religions are welcomed. A supply fee of $50 is asked upon registration. If you are interested in signing your child up you can visit ABC Academy's Facebook page or give them a call at (325) 646-7455.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery