BROWNWOOD, Texas - Rene Pinon, 33, was sentenced to 40 years in prison Tuesday morning for the murder of 45-year-old Eddie Lopez.
According to Early Police Chief David Mercer, Pinon shot Lopez on March 12 outside Early Donuts.
Mercer said Lopez was shot with a .40 caliber handgun six times as he sat in his SUV.
The same day of the shooting, Pinon turned himself in to the Brown County Law Enforcement Center.
Lopez owned a body shop and a night club in Brownwood.
Pinon was living in Stephenville and worked at the Kohler plant in Brownwood at the time of the murder.
Mercer said Pinon also has an ex-wife and kids living in Brownwood.
According to Mercer, Pinon and Lopez had an ongoing dispute involving money.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase