BROWNWOOD, Texas - Rene Pinon, 33, was sentenced to 40 years in prison Tuesday morning for the murder of 45-year-old Eddie Lopez.
According to Early Police Chief David Mercer, Pinon shot Lopez on March 12 outside Early Donuts.
Mercer said Lopez was shot with a .40 caliber handgun six times as he sat in his SUV.
The same day of the shooting, Pinon turned himself in to the Brown County Law Enforcement Center.
Lopez owned a body shop and a night club in Brownwood.
Pinon was living in Stephenville and worked at the Kohler plant in Brownwood at the time of the murder.
Mercer said Pinon also has an ex-wife and kids living in Brownwood.
According to Mercer, Pinon and Lopez had an ongoing dispute involving money.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores