Early, TX - In Brown County, 18 high school students who have overcome major challenges in their lives were honored, some received college scholarships.
The Bruner Toyota Youths of Inspiration banquet took place on the HPU campus, Thursday evening.
The students were nominated by their school counselors. Some of them have overcome cancer, the loss of a parent, and other obstacles. $2000 in scholarships were awarded.
Two of those honored were Haley Story from Early High School, and Jordan Watson from San Saba High School.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated