Early, TX - In Brown County, 18 high school students who have overcome major challenges in their lives were honored, some received college scholarships.
The Bruner Toyota Youths of Inspiration banquet took place on the HPU campus, Thursday evening.
The students were nominated by their school counselors. Some of them have overcome cancer, the loss of a parent, and other obstacles. $2000 in scholarships were awarded.
Two of those honored were Haley Story from Early High School, and Jordan Watson from San Saba High School.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide