BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwoodnews.com is reporting that a man who has been a regular at the Brownwood Rattlesnake Roundup for years is recovering after being bitten by a rattlesnake last Friday.
Jackie Bibby, who calls himself the Texas Snake Man, was bitten in the stomach Friday as he was loading up snakes to take to the roundup.
When he first arrived at Brownwood Regional Medical center, he was in critical condition.
KTXS did a story on Bibby last November as he was trying to raise funds to what for a prosthetic leg. His leg had to be amputated after he was bitten by a rattlesnake.
It's not clear what his current condition is.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking