BROWNWOOD, Texas - This week's rain means good news for Brown County's Lake Brownwood.
The lake received so much water both Monday and Tuesday that it might not be necessary to declare Stage 4 water restrictions in August.
The Lake Brownwood watershed reportedly received eight to 10 inches of rain. As of Tuesday afternoon, the lake is up about 19 inches. Three to four feet of water could continue to runoff into the lake.
County leaders encourage everyone to adhere to the currently imposed Stage 3 water restrictions.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- People celebrate Fur Ball 2017 with four-legged friends
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field