BROWNWOOD, Texas - This week's rain means good news for Brown County's Lake Brownwood.
The lake received so much water both Monday and Tuesday that it might not be necessary to declare Stage 4 water restrictions in August.
The Lake Brownwood watershed reportedly received eight to 10 inches of rain. As of Tuesday afternoon, the lake is up about 19 inches. Three to four feet of water could continue to runoff into the lake.
County leaders encourage everyone to adhere to the currently imposed Stage 3 water restrictions.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated