BROWNWOOD, Texas - This week's rain means good news for Brown County's Lake Brownwood.
The lake received so much water both Monday and Tuesday that it might not be necessary to declare Stage 4 water restrictions in August.
The Lake Brownwood watershed reportedly received eight to 10 inches of rain. As of Tuesday afternoon, the lake is up about 19 inches. Three to four feet of water could continue to runoff into the lake.
County leaders encourage everyone to adhere to the currently imposed Stage 3 water restrictions.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon