EARLY, Texas - Three Austin men ended up in the Brown County Jail on drug charges Tuesday morning as they were allegedly driving back from Denver.
Brian Degman, 24, Lawrence Guerrero, 24, and Brian Peterson, 23, were arrested for possession of marijuana.
They were arrested around 1 a.m. on Early Blvd.
Authorities say the traffic stop for speeding led to a search of the vehicle, in which they found 137.5 grams of candy that contained THC and marijuana.
The men told deputies they had driven to Denver to watch the Super Bowl on TV with a friend, and while they were there, they smoked marijuana.
Each of their bond is posted at $52,500.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash