EARLY, Texas - Three Austin men ended up in the Brown County Jail on drug charges Tuesday morning as they were allegedly driving back from Denver.
Brian Degman, 24, Lawrence Guerrero, 24, and Brian Peterson, 23, were arrested for possession of marijuana.
They were arrested around 1 a.m. on Early Blvd.
Authorities say the traffic stop for speeding led to a search of the vehicle, in which they found 137.5 grams of candy that contained THC and marijuana.
The men told deputies they had driven to Denver to watch the Super Bowl on TV with a friend, and while they were there, they smoked marijuana.
Each of their bond is posted at $52,500.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web