BROWNWOOD, Texas - A traffic stop in Brown County resulted in a drug arrest Tuesday afternoon.
A Brown County Sheriff's Deputy pulled over 27-year-old Martin William Nofziger, in the 5000 block on Highway US 183 South because his license plate was unclear, which was a violation of the Texas Transportation code.
The suspect, Nofziger, was driving a white, four-door passenger, 2006 Hyundai Accent. He said he was headed to California from Austin, where he had been for a week.
The deputy said he noticed that Nofziger was trembling and more nervous than a normal motorist. That led to a probable cause search of the vehicle, with assistance from a K9, brought in by Comanche Police Department K9 Officer Brian Dickerson.
According to the deputy's report, officers found a gym bag which contained about 6.4 ounces of marijuana, about 0.7 grams of Adderall pills, and a hash cookie that contained about 20 grams of marijuana. They also found a total of $17,278 in cash. Some of the money was bundled up in rubber bands. Because of that, the deputy said he believed Nofziger was involved in selling and distributing marijuana.
All of the evidence has been seized. Nofziger is currently in the Brown County Jail. No bond has been set.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin