BROWNWOOD, Texas - A traffic stop in Brown County resulted in a drug arrest Tuesday afternoon.
A Brown County Sheriff's Deputy pulled over 27-year-old Martin William Nofziger, in the 5000 block on Highway US 183 South because his license plate was unclear, which was a violation of the Texas Transportation code.
The suspect, Nofziger, was driving a white, four-door passenger, 2006 Hyundai Accent. He said he was headed to California from Austin, where he had been for a week.
The deputy said he noticed that Nofziger was trembling and more nervous than a normal motorist. That led to a probable cause search of the vehicle, with assistance from a K9, brought in by Comanche Police Department K9 Officer Brian Dickerson.
According to the deputy's report, officers found a gym bag which contained about 6.4 ounces of marijuana, about 0.7 grams of Adderall pills, and a hash cookie that contained about 20 grams of marijuana. They also found a total of $17,278 in cash. Some of the money was bundled up in rubber bands. Because of that, the deputy said he believed Nofziger was involved in selling and distributing marijuana.
All of the evidence has been seized. Nofziger is currently in the Brown County Jail. No bond has been set.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer