BROWNWOOD, Texas - Two suspects have been arrested as a result of a Brownwood Police Department burglary investigation.
Jimmy Lee Dudley Jr., 36, and Amber Nicole Bergman Allen, 31, were arrested after they were identified as suspects in a burglary on Aug. 3, a news release said.
Officers responded to a burglary call in the 500 block of Mayes Street where multiple handguns had allegedly been stolen. Through efforts by the department's Criminal Investigative Division, Dudley and Allen were arrested during an operation.
According to the release, during the operation on Aug. 7, detectives caught the two suspects attempting to sell one of the stolen handguns at a business on the 300 block of North Main Street. The two were then taken into custody.
In addition to burglary charges, Dudley and Allen were charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of dangerous drugs and possession of marijuana. Dudley was also charged with possession of a firearm by a felon.
Both are being held at the Brown County Jail.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated