BROWNWOOD, Texas - Two suspects have been arrested as a result of a Brownwood Police Department burglary investigation.
Jimmy Lee Dudley Jr., 36, and Amber Nicole Bergman Allen, 31, were arrested after they were identified as suspects in a burglary on Aug. 3, a news release said.
Officers responded to a burglary call in the 500 block of Mayes Street where multiple handguns had allegedly been stolen. Through efforts by the department's Criminal Investigative Division, Dudley and Allen were arrested during an operation.
According to the release, during the operation on Aug. 7, detectives caught the two suspects attempting to sell one of the stolen handguns at a business on the 300 block of North Main Street. The two were then taken into custody.
In addition to burglary charges, Dudley and Allen were charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of dangerous drugs and possession of marijuana. Dudley was also charged with possession of a firearm by a felon.
Both are being held at the Brown County Jail.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas