ZEPHYR, Texas - A car accident outside of Brown County left two people dead on Wednesday.
According to KTXS News' partners at the Brownwood Bulletin, it happened around 7:30 a.m. on U.S. Hwy 84, one mile south of Brown County – between Zephyr and Mullin.
Authorities said Maria Martineau, 46, of Austin drove into oncoming traffic and died at the scene.
Matthew Harrison, 35, of Ballinger was taken to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He later died.
The Department of Public Safety is investigating the cause of the accident.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend