ZEPHYR, Texas - A car accident outside of Brown County left two people dead on Wednesday.
According to KTXS News' partners at the Brownwood Bulletin, it happened around 7:30 a.m. on U.S. Hwy 84, one mile south of Brown County – between Zephyr and Mullin.
Authorities said Maria Martineau, 46, of Austin drove into oncoming traffic and died at the scene.
Matthew Harrison, 35, of Ballinger was taken to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He later died.
The Department of Public Safety is investigating the cause of the accident.
- Updated Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- Updated Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Judge blocks Texas cutting Medicaid to Planned Parenthood