ZEPHYR, Texas - A car accident outside of Brown County left two people dead on Wednesday.
According to KTXS News' partners at the Brownwood Bulletin, it happened around 7:30 a.m. on U.S. Hwy 84, one mile south of Brown County – between Zephyr and Mullin.
Authorities said Maria Martineau, 46, of Austin drove into oncoming traffic and died at the scene.
Matthew Harrison, 35, of Ballinger was taken to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He later died.
The Department of Public Safety is investigating the cause of the accident.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck