EARLY, Texas - A traffic stop in Early over the weekend resulted in a drug bust.
Carlos Amado Gonzales, 40, and his passenger Jerry Laney Jr. were pulled over on Saturday in the 500 block of Garmon Drive for speeding, according to Early Police.
Early Police Department Sgt. Steven Means said he found 18 grams of methamphetamine on Gonzales and in the vehicle.
There were also three syringes, one of which appeared to be filled with black tar heroin. Police said the syringes will be submitted to the Texas Department of Public Safety lab for substance analysis.
Both Gonzales and Laney Jr. were arrested and charged with possession of controlled substance. Gonzales was originally arrested for driving without a license.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy