BROWNWOOD, Texas - Fire at a Lake Brownwood home claimed the lives of three people early Monday morning.
At 3:30 a.m. Monday, the Lake Bridge Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire at the 6900 block of Shannon Drive in the Shamrock Shores area.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office identified two men – Denman Cain Jr., 42, and Eddie Jowers, 43. Next of kin been notified.
A third victim, a female, has not been identified.
Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said two bodies were found in a bedroom, and one was found in the kitchen.
Grubbs said there was a party at the home Sunday night before the fire broke out early Monday morning. Officials are still trying to contact party-goers to learn more about what happened in those early morning hours.
Investigators were on scene much of the day Monday searching for clues as to how the fire started. As of Monday, no cause had been determined.
"We don't suspect any type of foul play. We don't see anything that would indicate that at this point," Grubbs said.
Smell of smoke still lingering, Vickie Thomas looked in amazement at what used to be the mobile home of a dear friend, Eddie Jowers.
"I've known Eddie for at least 10, 15 years. He was big hearted, he loved everything. He enjoyed life, he loved fishing, he was everybody's friend," Thomas said.
Thomas and close friends of Jowers are hoping for closure.
"Everybody was really upset, crying, hugging. It's going to take us a long time. Eddie was a good man; he could put a smile on your face, anybody's face," Thomas said.
She said one thing gives her a sense of peace.
"I just know he's in heaven now," Thomas said.
Arson investigators said it could take up to two weeks to determine a cause.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated