BROWNWOOD, Texas - A traffic stop in Brownwood resulted in a drug arrest on Tuesday.
Anna Coffey, 28, who was driving without a driver's license, was pulled over by Brown County sheriff's narcotics officers.
According to an officer's report, authorities had leads for several months on two people distributing methamphetamine throughout the county. At the traffic stop, they searched Coffey's vehicle with assistance from a drug dog and found 22 grams of methamphetamine plus two ounces of marijuana.
Coffey and her passenger, 36-year-old Butch Spearman, were arrested and face charges of "manufacture of manufacture of delivery of a controlled substance in a drug free zone".
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking