BROWNWOOD, Texas - A traffic stop in Brownwood resulted in a drug arrest on Tuesday.
Anna Coffey, 28, who was driving without a driver's license, was pulled over by Brown County sheriff's narcotics officers.
According to an officer's report, authorities had leads for several months on two people distributing methamphetamine throughout the county. At the traffic stop, they searched Coffey's vehicle with assistance from a drug dog and found 22 grams of methamphetamine plus two ounces of marijuana.
Coffey and her passenger, 36-year-old Butch Spearman, were arrested and face charges of "manufacture of manufacture of delivery of a controlled substance in a drug free zone".
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire