EARLY, Texas - Early police said they dealt with two similar but separate drug arrests this past Saturday.
The first incident happened in the Early Primary School parking lot around 2 p.m.
The officer found a .380 caliber handgun in the car, plus methamphetamine, $2,000 in cash, small scales and ziplock bags.
The driver, 24-year-old John Simon Armendarez of Brownwood, told the officer he was a convicted felon prior to the vehicle search.
Armendarez was charged with manufacture and delivery of controlled substance in a drug free zone, unlawful possession of firearm by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The passenger, Marjorie Elaine Schneider of Early, 39, was charged with possession of controlled substance in drug free zone and a warrant from Brown County for theft.
The second traffic violation and drug arrest happened around 10 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of CC Woodson. The driver told the officer his name was Billy Gearheart, but the officer recognized the driver from past encounters and knew that name was not correct.
Law enforcers from Brown County arrived to assist the officer, who found some methamphetamine in the car.
The driver, who was later identified as Cody Ray Vuittonet, 24, took off by foot when police tried to place him into custody. They managed to do so after chasing him for several blocks.
Vuittonet and the passenger, Lucy Robledo of Brownwood, 33, were charged with possession of controlled substance over four grams.
According to the police report, Vuittonet of Brownwood was also charged with "evading arrest with previous convictions, failure to identify, and an outstanding warrant for evading arrest and a parole violation warrant."
- Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Missing Texas dad of 3 is found in Ohio, met someone online
- Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring