BANGS, Texas - The sleet and ice caused several accidents in Brown County.
Around 10 a.m. Friday, a Brownwood officer told KTXS News that 5 vehicles were involved in a crash on Highway 67/U.S. 84, near Bangs Hill.
Our partners, the Brownwood Bulletin, reported there were no fatalities but Guardian EMS were on scene to treat and transfer those who were injured.
Brownwood's police and fire departments were on scene, along with the Brown County Sheriff's Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, and Bangs Fire Department.
Also, Early Chief of Police David Mercer said two other accidents occurred near Early around the same time.
According to his report, "a 57-year-old Zephyr woman lost control on the slick roads and slide into a fence and trees damaging the vehicle and fence line." She was uninjured.
A 50-year-old man of Early had a similar accident.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range