BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 26-year-old San Antonio woman was charged with DWI and intoxication assault with a vehicle after the ATV she was driving wrecked – injuring three – over the weekend at Lake Brownwood.
Parveen Kaur Gill is free after being bailed out of Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $11,500 in the wake of the accident occurring in Lake Brownwood's Oak Point addition.
She was arrested after taking a field sobriety test and submitting a breath sample, according to law enforcement.
While details on the crash weren't available, officials say there was a great deal of damage at the right front of the vehicle.
One of the riders, 25-year-old Kyle Thaxton, had to be flown by helicopter to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. On Monday, Thaxton was listed in fair condition.
Two of the other riders – Patricia Hua and Caroline Dank – weren't injured. Megan Abbott sustained a loss of consciousness, and Hayley George sustained non-incapacitating injuries.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks