BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 26-year-old San Antonio woman was charged with DWI and intoxication assault with a vehicle after the ATV she was driving wrecked – injuring three – over the weekend at Lake Brownwood.
Parveen Kaur Gill is free after being bailed out of Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $11,500 in the wake of the accident occurring in Lake Brownwood's Oak Point addition.
She was arrested after taking a field sobriety test and submitting a breath sample, according to law enforcement.
While details on the crash weren't available, officials say there was a great deal of damage at the right front of the vehicle.
One of the riders, 25-year-old Kyle Thaxton, had to be flown by helicopter to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. On Monday, Thaxton was listed in fair condition.
Two of the other riders – Patricia Hua and Caroline Dank – weren't injured. Megan Abbott sustained a loss of consciousness, and Hayley George sustained non-incapacitating injuries.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas