BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 26-year-old San Antonio woman was charged with DWI and intoxication assault with a vehicle after the ATV she was driving wrecked – injuring three – over the weekend at Lake Brownwood.
Parveen Kaur Gill is free after being bailed out of Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $11,500 in the wake of the accident occurring in Lake Brownwood's Oak Point addition.
She was arrested after taking a field sobriety test and submitting a breath sample, according to law enforcement.
While details on the crash weren't available, officials say there was a great deal of damage at the right front of the vehicle.
One of the riders, 25-year-old Kyle Thaxton, had to be flown by helicopter to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. On Monday, Thaxton was listed in fair condition.
Two of the other riders – Patricia Hua and Caroline Dank – weren't injured. Megan Abbott sustained a loss of consciousness, and Hayley George sustained non-incapacitating injuries.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range