ABILENE, Texas -

A nursing home administrator at Care Inn of Abilene has issued a statement regarding a federal report filed on the nursing home. 

The report came out in March of 2013 and says a resident of Care Inn went to the emergency room in septic shock after a catheter wasn't properly cleaned or changed.

KTXS received this statement from the administrator of the facility Friday morning.

"I am currently the Administrator at Care Inn of Abilene.  I was not here when the incident occurred, nor am I permitted to discuss it due to privacy laws,  but I can assure you that our new administration and staff work diligently to continually improve our protocols and procedures so as to provide our residents quality care.   As a result, Care Inn of Abilene enjoyed a very good report in our most recent state survey in January 2014 and the facility received no deficiencies or requirements for improvement from the state related to patient care.  Our residents’ safety and wellbeing remain our top priority and we are proud of the important service we provide our residents."- Meletha Diane Mabry L.V.N., BS, LNFA