SAN ANGELO, Texas -- A 2-year-old girl nearly drowned in Lake Nasworthy over the weekend.
She remains in critical condition at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, the San Angelo Police Department said Monday.
The child became separated from her parents and others attending a function at Goodfellow Recreation Camp in the 1900 block of South Concho Drive.
“After the group noticed the toddler was missing, they began searching the area,” a police news release said. “Soon after the search began, one of the event’s attendees, a United States Army firefighter, pulled the toddler from the lake and immediately began life-saving measures.”
When San Angelo police and firefighters arrived, life-saving measures were being performed on the unresponsive 2-year-old girl.
She was taken to San Angelo Community Medical Center and later flown to Cook Children’s Medical Center. She was admitted to the facility’s intensive care unit.
The investigation into the matter is continuing.
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene youth league coaches suspended for extending middle fingers in team photo
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman