CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - Four people have been rescued by a Coast Guard helicopter crew after their boat capsized 15 miles (24 kilometers) north of Port Mansfield in far South Texas.
The Coast Guard says the four were aboard an 18-foot (5-meter) boat and were not wearing life jackets but the water depth - about 3 feet (1 meter) - blocked small boat crews from the Coast Guard from assisting.
A helicopter crew was summoned from Corpus Christi and arrived at the scene before dawn Sunday, hoisted two of the stranded people and took them to the Port Isabel-Cameron County airport. The chopper then returned to retrieve the remaining two people.
The Coast Guard says no one was injured.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out