SHERMAN, Texas — - Hardin-Simmons' men's soccer team closed out the regular season with a 3-0 win over UC-Santa Cruz in non-conference action in Sherman, Texas on Saturday afternoon.
Colyn Moore put the Cowboys on the board 7:24 into the game on an assist from Dillon Parkhill. The goal was Moore's team-leading seventh of the season. It stayed 1-0 through halftime.
Parkhill made it 2-0 in the 57th minute on an assist from Kevin McNeal. Rowan Meyer added a goal on an assist from Rory McCullough at the 79:34 mark. It was his third goal of the season.
Freshman goalkeeper Michael Vargas recorded his ninth shutout of the season in goal and lowered his goals against average to 0.24.
HSU dominated the ball outshooting UCSC 20-4 and 10-2 on target.
The win was the Cowboys fifth straight and pushed its unbeaten streak to 14 games. HSU is 9-3-5 on the year and will host the American Southwest Conference Tournament next weekend.
The Banana Slugs fell to 2-12-2 on the year.
Information provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family