SHERMAN, Texas — - Hardin-Simmons' men's soccer team closed out the regular season with a 3-0 win over UC-Santa Cruz in non-conference action in Sherman, Texas on Saturday afternoon.
Colyn Moore put the Cowboys on the board 7:24 into the game on an assist from Dillon Parkhill. The goal was Moore's team-leading seventh of the season. It stayed 1-0 through halftime.
Parkhill made it 2-0 in the 57th minute on an assist from Kevin McNeal. Rowan Meyer added a goal on an assist from Rory McCullough at the 79:34 mark. It was his third goal of the season.
Freshman goalkeeper Michael Vargas recorded his ninth shutout of the season in goal and lowered his goals against average to 0.24.
HSU dominated the ball outshooting UCSC 20-4 and 10-2 on target.
The win was the Cowboys fifth straight and pushed its unbeaten streak to 14 games. HSU is 9-3-5 on the year and will host the American Southwest Conference Tournament next weekend.
The Banana Slugs fell to 2-12-2 on the year.
Information provided by HSU Athletics.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program