IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has been fined $7,875 by the NFL for a throat-slashing gesture that resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last week against St. Louis.
Bryant made the gesture while celebrating a 2-yard touchdown catch from Tony Romo for the first Dallas score in a 31-7 victory against the Rams on Sunday.
The receiver ran to the middle of the end zone after the catch and raised his arms to make an "X'' before the slashing gesture.
Coach Jason Garrett says Bryant ran directly to him after the penalty was called and apologized.
The penalty was assessed on the kickoff, and the Rams ended up starting at their 20 after a holding call on the return.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen