IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has been fined $7,875 by the NFL for a throat-slashing gesture that resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last week against St. Louis.
Bryant made the gesture while celebrating a 2-yard touchdown catch from Tony Romo for the first Dallas score in a 31-7 victory against the Rams on Sunday.
The receiver ran to the middle of the end zone after the catch and raised his arms to make an "X'' before the slashing gesture.
Coach Jason Garrett says Bryant ran directly to him after the penalty was called and apologized.
The penalty was assessed on the kickoff, and the Rams ended up starting at their 20 after a holding call on the return.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement