IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has been fined $7,875 by the NFL for a throat-slashing gesture that resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last week against St. Louis.
Bryant made the gesture while celebrating a 2-yard touchdown catch from Tony Romo for the first Dallas score in a 31-7 victory against the Rams on Sunday.
The receiver ran to the middle of the end zone after the catch and raised his arms to make an "X'' before the slashing gesture.
Coach Jason Garrett says Bryant ran directly to him after the penalty was called and apologized.
The penalty was assessed on the kickoff, and the Rams ended up starting at their 20 after a holding call on the return.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday