IRVING, Texas - When Morris Claiborne jammed his left knee during Dallas Cowboys training camp, the cornerback said he would be back the next day.
That was two weeks ago, and Claiborne still hasn't returned to practice.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Tuesday that he doesn't anticipate a lot of practice for Claiborne this week, or this weekend.
Claiborne has already missed the first three preseason games. There two more tuneup games before the Sept. 8 season opener. The Cowboys will play Cincinnati on Saturday night.
Even after missing his first preseason because of left wrist surgery, then time during his first camp with a sprained MCL in his left knee, Claiborne had 64 tackles, eight pass breakups and an interception while starting 15 games as a rookie.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend