IRVING, Texas - When Morris Claiborne jammed his left knee during Dallas Cowboys training camp, the cornerback said he would be back the next day.
That was two weeks ago, and Claiborne still hasn't returned to practice.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Tuesday that he doesn't anticipate a lot of practice for Claiborne this week, or this weekend.
Claiborne has already missed the first three preseason games. There two more tuneup games before the Sept. 8 season opener. The Cowboys will play Cincinnati on Saturday night.
Even after missing his first preseason because of left wrist surgery, then time during his first camp with a sprained MCL in his left knee, Claiborne had 64 tackles, eight pass breakups and an interception while starting 15 games as a rookie.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated