IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff will miss at least the first six games of the season after being placed on the physically unable to perform list with hamstring and groin injuries.
The Cowboys made the move Tuesday as part of getting their active roster down to 75 players.
Ratliff missed offseason workouts and training camp after sports hernia surgery late last season. He missed 10 games in 2012 with ankle and groin problems.
The Cowboys also placed defensive end Tyrone Crawford and lineman Ryan Cook on season-ending injured reserve.
Dallas cut nine players. They were receivers Anthony Amos, Jared Green and Eric Rogers, quarterback Nick Stephens, tight end Colin Cochart, guard Dennis Godfrey, linebacker Deon Lacey, cornerback Brandon Underwood and kicker Brett Maher.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer