IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff will miss at least the first six games of the season after being placed on the physically unable to perform list with hamstring and groin injuries.
The Cowboys made the move Tuesday as part of getting their active roster down to 75 players.
Ratliff missed offseason workouts and training camp after sports hernia surgery late last season. He missed 10 games in 2012 with ankle and groin problems.
The Cowboys also placed defensive end Tyrone Crawford and lineman Ryan Cook on season-ending injured reserve.
Dallas cut nine players. They were receivers Anthony Amos, Jared Green and Eric Rogers, quarterback Nick Stephens, tight end Colin Cochart, guard Dennis Godfrey, linebacker Deon Lacey, cornerback Brandon Underwood and kicker Brett Maher.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web