IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff will miss at least the first six games of the season after being placed on the physically unable to perform list with hamstring and groin injuries.
The Cowboys made the move Tuesday as part of getting their active roster down to 75 players.
Ratliff missed offseason workouts and training camp after sports hernia surgery late last season. He missed 10 games in 2012 with ankle and groin problems.
The Cowboys also placed defensive end Tyrone Crawford and lineman Ryan Cook on season-ending injured reserve.
Dallas cut nine players. They were receivers Anthony Amos, Jared Green and Eric Rogers, quarterback Nick Stephens, tight end Colin Cochart, guard Dennis Godfrey, linebacker Deon Lacey, cornerback Brandon Underwood and kicker Brett Maher.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash