ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's basketball team will open up the second half of league play with a pair of games this week at the Mabee Complex.
The Cowboys will host Texas-Tyler and Ozarks in a pair of key tilts. Texas-Tyler is one-half game ahead of HSU in the standings. The Cowboys are currently in fifth place in the league, but are just one game out of second place. UTT is 9-6 overall and 8-4 in the conference and Ozarks is 5-10 overall and 3-0 in league play.
HSU has gone 6-1 since a 1-6 start and is now 7-7 overall and 7-4 in conference play. Thursday's game with Texas-Tyler starts at 7:30 and Saturday's contest with
Ozarks begins at 3 p.m.
The first 100 students with an ID that come to Thursday's doubleheader get a free hot dog, chips and a drink.
The Cowboys are led on the year by Derrick Jefferson, who averages 16.5 points and 7.6 rebounds per outing. Titus Mims averages 12.4 points and 3-point specialist Charles Sams is averaging 10.4 per contest and is making 2.9 3-pointers per game.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident