IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive tackle Landon Cohen and replaced him with David Carter.
Carter was added by the Cowboys on Tuesday, a little more than two weeks after the Arizona Cardinals released him at the end of the preseason.
He was a sixth-round pick by Arizona in 2011. Carter has played in 32 games with four starts, recording 18 tackles and a sack.
Cohen signed with Dallas early in training camp and played in both regular-season games, getting one tackle and one pressure.
The Cowboys also released receiver Danny Coale from their practice squad and replaced him with receiver Jamar Newsome, who has played in eight games with Jacksonville and Kansas City.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated