OXNARD, California - The Dallas Cowboys have signed rookie free-agent defensive end Toby Jackson and released defensive tackle Ikponmwosa Igbinosun.
The moves Wednesday are part of a revolving door on the defensive line as the Cowboys await the return of Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff and deal with a season-ending Achilles tendon tear for Tyrone Crawford.
Jackson was among four players who worked out for Dallas on Tuesday. He wasn't selected in the NFL's supplemental draft after being declared academically ineligible for his final season at Central Florida.
Igbinosun was in camp with Pittsburgh last year after signing as an undrafted free agent. The Cowboys picked up him at the end of last season, but he was hurt during the first week of camp.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck