OXNARD, California - The Dallas Cowboys have signed rookie free-agent defensive end Toby Jackson and released defensive tackle Ikponmwosa Igbinosun.
The moves Wednesday are part of a revolving door on the defensive line as the Cowboys await the return of Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff and deal with a season-ending Achilles tendon tear for Tyrone Crawford.
Jackson was among four players who worked out for Dallas on Tuesday. He wasn't selected in the NFL's supplemental draft after being declared academically ineligible for his final season at Central Florida.
Igbinosun was in camp with Pittsburgh last year after signing as an undrafted free agent. The Cowboys picked up him at the end of last season, but he was hurt during the first week of camp.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend