IRVING, Texas - Monte Kiffin fields questions about the greatness of his Dallas defense one week, and how bad it is the next.
Brandon Carr goes from an elite cornerback befitting a $50 million contract to the guy who gave up 329 yards in one game to Detroit's Calvin Johnson.
It's a little hard to figure out what the Cowboys have on defense, since they've won games with takeaways and flashes of dominance but now carry the distinction of the only unit in league history to allow four 400-yard passers in one year.
That's with half the season left, and Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers still to come.
Kiffin says it's been a "roller coaster" as Dallas prepares to face Minnesota at home on Sunday.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase