IRVING, Texas - Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show Tuesday that defensive end DeMarcus Ware was likely to return after missing the first three games of his nine-career with a thigh injury.
The Cowboys also waived defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who missed Sunday's game against Minnesota with a back injury. Coach Jason Garrett said Austin injured his back in Friday's practice. Austin played against Detroit less than a week after signing with Dallas, recording one tackle in his only game.
The Cowboys have been shuffling defensive lineman on the roster and their lineup since backup Tyrone Crawford and starter Anthony Spencer were injured at the start of training camp.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed