NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - Two people are dead after a two-vehicle wreck occurred just before 8 p.m. on Highway 84 north of Roscoe.
According to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden, a Nissan Altima was struck by a loaded 18-wheeler near Interstate 20. The two people inside the Altima were pronounced dead at the scene.
Additional information hasn’t been made available at this time, including the cause of the crash or the identities of those involved.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating. We will update this article when we learn more.
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain