BROWN COUNTY, Texas - The southbound lanes of Highway 84 were closed down Friday night in between Brownwood and Bangs after a four-vehicle accident that sent multiple to the hospital.
Texas Department of Public Safety troopers responded to the scene and blocked traffic while the accident was being cleared around 9 p.m. The scene was cleared by 10:30 p.m.
Six people were transported to the hospital, but their injuries were not serious, according to a DPS trooper at the scene.
DPS said alcohol isn't believed to be a factor in the crash.
The cause of the wreck is still under investigation.
KTXS will update this article when more information is available.
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- TransCanada sends more crews to Keystone pipeline leak
- The Latest: Border agent injured in Texas dies
- Gunman sought after Pennsylvania officer killed during traffic stop
- KTXS Forecast: Back around average with sunny and breezy conditions.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD