ABILENE, Texas - A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with a burglary last week at Coggin Elementary – and more arrests are anticipated, the Brownwood Bulletin is reporting.
Several individuals have been identified as allegedly stealing video and computer equipment from the school.
From the Brownwood Bulletin:
Juvenile arrested in school burglary; more arrests likely
Brownwood police have arrested a 16-year-old male in connection with last weekend's burglary at Coggin Elementary School, and more arrests are expected, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said.
Multiple individuals broke out a window at the school and took video and computer equipment, Fuller said. He declined to say how many people police believe were involved.
Fuller commended detectives who, he said, followed up on video surveillance and put in numerous man-hours to develop suspects.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season