ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department arrested two Tye women Saturday after they allegedly stole $876.52 worth of DVDs from a local store in the 4000 block of Southwest Drive.
According to arrest reports, 22-year-old Britney Dokey and 26-year-old Kelly Gregor were observed by loss prevention placing DVDs in a re-useable shopping bag.
The report also states they were seen exiting the store without paying for the movies.
Dokey and Gregory were arrested and taken to the Taylor County Jail.
According to records, Dokey has no prior theft convictions, while Gregory has two.
Dokey was charged with theft. Her bond was set at $2,500. Gregory was charged with a state jail felony theft. Her bond was set at $3,500.
They have since posted bail and were released as of Sunday.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack