ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department arrested two Tye women Saturday after they allegedly stole $876.52 worth of DVDs from a local store in the 4000 block of Southwest Drive.
According to arrest reports, 22-year-old Britney Dokey and 26-year-old Kelly Gregor were observed by loss prevention placing DVDs in a re-useable shopping bag.
The report also states they were seen exiting the store without paying for the movies.
Dokey and Gregory were arrested and taken to the Taylor County Jail.
According to records, Dokey has no prior theft convictions, while Gregory has two.
Dokey was charged with theft. Her bond was set at $2,500. Gregory was charged with a state jail felony theft. Her bond was set at $3,500.
They have since posted bail and were released as of Sunday.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- United Supermarket on South 14th Street robbed, suspect sought
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking