LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Three people are dead in what authorities are describing as a murder-suicide that stemmed from a domestic dispute in West Texas.
According to Lubbock County sheriff's Lt. Bryan Taylor, the bodies of a man and woman were found Sunday morning at a Lubbock home. The body of a second man believed to be the shooter was found at another residence. Taylor says his death likely is the result of suicide.
Authorities Monday had not released the names of the people involved.
Investigators believe a dispute prompted the shooter to go to the woman's home where she and her companion were killed with a handgun. An infant believed to be the child of the woman and the suspect was taken and found unharmed in the home where the suspect's body was found.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon