LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Three people are dead in what authorities are describing as a murder-suicide that stemmed from a domestic dispute in West Texas.
According to Lubbock County sheriff's Lt. Bryan Taylor, the bodies of a man and woman were found Sunday morning at a Lubbock home. The body of a second man believed to be the shooter was found at another residence. Taylor says his death likely is the result of suicide.
Authorities Monday had not released the names of the people involved.
Investigators believe a dispute prompted the shooter to go to the woman's home where she and her companion were killed with a handgun. An infant believed to be the child of the woman and the suspect was taken and found unharmed in the home where the suspect's body was found.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot