LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Three people are dead in what authorities are describing as a murder-suicide that stemmed from a domestic dispute in West Texas.
According to Lubbock County sheriff's Lt. Bryan Taylor, the bodies of a man and woman were found Sunday morning at a Lubbock home. The body of a second man believed to be the shooter was found at another residence. Taylor says his death likely is the result of suicide.
Authorities Monday had not released the names of the people involved.
Investigators believe a dispute prompted the shooter to go to the woman's home where she and her companion were killed with a handgun. An infant believed to be the child of the woman and the suspect was taken and found unharmed in the home where the suspect's body was found.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated