ABILENE, Texas - An 18-year-old Abilene man has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child after he allegedly had sex with a girl younger than age 14, police say.
Devante Smith was reportedly arrested this week for the alleged felony.
Smith is being held in Taylor County Jail. His bond has been set at $35,000.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web