ABILENE, Texas - An 18-year-old Abilene man has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child after he allegedly had sex with a girl younger than age 14, police say.
Devante Smith was reportedly arrested this week for the alleged felony.
Smith is being held in Taylor County Jail. His bond has been set at $35,000.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week