ABILENE, Texas - A 25-year-old Abilene man has been arrested for the offense of sexual assault of a child.
Julian R. Solis remains in Taylor County Jail on $10,000 bond.
Last Friday, detectives in the Abilene Police Department's Special Victim's Unit investigated a sexual assault – involving a 16-year-old girl – that allegedly had occurred the previous day at a residence in the 1200 block of Beech Street.
Police determined the alleged teenage victim was walking in the vicinity of South 11th and Sayles Boulevard around 10 a.m. Thursday when Solis contacted her from a motor vehicle.
Solis reportedly offered her a ride, an APD news release said, and the teen accepted the offer. He then eventually drove her to his residence, where he and the victim had sexual contact. The investigation determined Solis knew the victim was under the age of 17.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS