ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested for allegedly burning his own vehicle and then the same residence twice.
Brady Dale Holder was arrested Feb. 27 on two counts of second-degree felony arson, the Abilene Fire Department said in a release Friday.
According to the release, arson investigators have filed a case charging Holder with setting fire to his personal vehicle on May 24, 2013, while it was parked at his residence in the 2200 block of Old Anson Road.
In addition, Holder has been charged with two arson fires that occurred at the same residence in the 2000 block of Sandefer – on May 20, 2013 and July 13, 2013.
The fire department release said the residence – owned by Lone Star Investments – was vacant and being renovated at the time of the fires. The residence was a total loss, fire officials said.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations