ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene man has been arrested for allegedly burning his own vehicle and then the same residence twice.
Brady Dale Holder was arrested Feb. 27 on two counts of second-degree felony arson, the Abilene Fire Department said in a release Friday.
According to the release, arson investigators have filed a case charging Holder with setting fire to his personal vehicle on May 24, 2013, while it was parked at his residence in the 2200 block of Old Anson Road.
In addition, Holder has been charged with two arson fires that occurred at the same residence in the 2000 block of Sandefer – on May 20, 2013 and July 13, 2013.
The fire department release said the residence – owned by Lone Star Investments – was vacant and being renovated at the time of the fires. The residence was a total loss, fire officials said.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger