ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces three criminal charges after he allegedly got in a fight and returned with an AK-47.
According to an arrest report, 39-year-old Brandon Gardner was involved in a fight at his neighbor's house on Westview Drive Saturday. Gardner allegedly went to his own house afterward and retrieved the AK-47 and returned to his neighbor's property.
Though he possesses a concealed handgun license, police said he was intoxicated and failed to conceal his Beretta pistol. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail for second-degree felony aggravated assault, class A unlawful carrying of a weapon and class A unlawful carrying of a concealed handgun. His bail was set at $52,000. He posted bail within 24 hours of his arrest.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen