From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 9:20 p.m. Thursday, Officers Blaise Dillenburg, Quint Woody and Sergeant Kevin Ohnheiser responded to a disturbance in-progress at a residence in the 800 block of South Bowie Drive. APD dispatch had been notified by a female that a male subject was hitting her mother and that her mother was on the floor. The reporting party was in the house with other children during the call. Sgt. Ohnheiser arrived at the scene to find the male subject near the front door and the subject was detained. An adult victim and female teenager were transported by private automobile to a local hospital for treatment. Detectives John Wilson and Ernie Moscarelli were summoned to assist with the investigation. The investigation revealed that the male subject had been drinking and became involved a verbal argument with the adult female victim that allegedly then turned violent. The subject and adult victim were in a dating relationship. A caved-in section of sheet rock was located in the house where the victim alleged she had been thrown. The female then fell to the ground where she was kicked in the face and stomped on by the subject. The subject then assaulted the reporting party, the adult female victim's teenage daughter. The teenage victim was kicked in the hip. The subject tore-up the house and kicked-out a glass door at the main entrance. Both victims were treated and released from the hospital. They sustained injuries consistent with the allegations. The adult victim told officers that the subject allegedly threatened to kill her and her children. An emergency protective order was requested. The subject was arrested for felony Injury to a Child and for misdemeanor Assault (family violence). This investigation continues.
At about 7 p.m. Thursday, Officers Jessica Watkins and Jordan Brown responded to a disturbance in-progress at a hotel room in the 3100 block of South 1st Street. APD dispatch had been notified about an allegedly intoxicated female subject who had just broken out two windows at the hotel. Officers arrived and contacted the involved parties, including a male and female, who were in a dating relationship. Officer Brown reported that the male subject was intoxicated. The investigation revealed the following: The female subject alleged she had been assaulted by her boyfriend over the course of a few days, including the allegation that she had been thrown into a wall. She had visible and multiple bruises to her face and arms. The male subject also had visible bruises to his front and back torso and arms, as well as a bloody finger, that he alleged was caused by assaultive behavior from his girlfriend. The male and female couple were both arrested for misdemeanor Assault (family violence).
At about 6:55 p.m. Thursday, Officer Charlie Compton contacted a motorist in the 800 block of Barrow Street for a traffic violation. Officer Compton contacted the male driver and smelled the odor of burning marijuana. The driver was detained and he told Officer Compton that there was marijuana under the seat. The vehicle was searched and small baggies containing marijuana were located. The driver was arrested and searched. The search revealed multiple small baggies of a clear crystal-like substance that were located in the driver's pocket. The substance tested positive for methamphetamine. The driver was arrested for the enhanced offense of 1st-degree felony Manufacturing/Delivery of a Controlled Substance in a Drug-Free Zone (methamphetamine) and for misdemeanor Possession of a Marijuana.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer