From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 6 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Steven Risinger responded to a shoplifter call at a business in the 4300 block of Southwest Drive. An asset protection employee notified APD dispatch that a female suspect was detained for alleged theft. Officer Risinger contacted the involved parties. Officer Risinger's investigation revealed that the suspect was observed by the asset protection employee passing all points of sale with a cart-load of merchandise and continued exiting the store without rendering payment. Approximately $435 in merchandise was recovered. The suspect was arrested for misdemeanor Theft.
At about 12:25 a.m. Thursday, Officer Chris Bisbee contacted a motorist at North 6th and Westwood Drive after observing the vehicle traveling without headlights on. Officer Bisbee contacted the female driver and smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the vehicle. The driver displayed indicators of intoxication and agreed to perform standard field sobriety tests. The driver performed those tests poorly and Officer Bisbee arrested the driver. The driver refused to provide a specimen of her blood or breath. Officer Bisbee transported the driver to county jail where she was booked for the offense of misdemeanor DWI.
At about 3 a.m. Thursday, Officer Quint Woody responded to a motor vehicle burglary call at a residence in the 2400 block of South 39th Street. APD dispatch was contacted by a victim that reported his wallet being stolen from an unlocked vehicle – a friend's vehicle. Officer Woody contacted the victim and learned that the victim had been in the 700 block of Cockerell Street several hours earlier while visiting with a friend. The victim reported securing his wallet in a glove box that he locked purposefully but admitted the vehicle door was unlocked. The victim claimed the loss of cash and a very expensive wallet valued at $250. A report for misdemeanor Burglary of a Motor Vehicle was taken and this investigation continues.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated