ABILENE, Texas - The Dyess AFB airman who is accused of being involved with Tiffany Klapheke in the death of her daughter is going to face court martial.
Airman Christopher Perez has been recommended for court martial by 7th Bomb Wing Commander Col. Glen Vanherck.
The 12th Air Force Commander agreed with his recommendation.
Perez is accused of having an affair with Tiffany Klapheke.
She is charged with the neglect that resulted in the death of her 22-month-old daughter Tamryn.
Perez will face court-martial on a charge of failure to report the neglect and on a charge of adultery.
A general court-martial is scheduled for March 4 in the Dyess Air Force Base courtroom.
Perez could still face court-martial for child endangerment.
Below is a press release sent by 7th Bomb Wing Public Affairs office:
DYESS AIRMAN TRIAL SCHEDULED
Dyess Air Force Base, Texas – Col. Glen VanHerck, 7th Bomb Wing commander, has made his disposition decision concerning the charges against Senior Airman Christopher Perez, 7th Security Forces Squadron.
VanHerck forwarded Charge 1, Violation of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), Article 92 and Charge 3, Violation of the UCMJ, Article 134 to Lt. Gen. Robin Rand, 12th Air Force commander, recommending a General Court-Martial. Rand agreed with the recommendation. A General Court-Martial is scheduled for March 4, 2013 in the Dyess Air Force Base court room.
VanHerck decided to refer Charge 2, Violation of the UCMJ, Article 120 to a Special Court-Martial to be docketed at a later date.
Col. Donald Eller, military judge, assigned to the Central Region of the Air Force Trial Judiciary at Randolph AFB, Texas, will preside over the trial.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated