ABILENE, Texas - Child Protective Services supervisor Gretchen Denny is no longer an employee.
Denny has been on paid administrative leave since October.
During that time the state and local police have been investigating Denny and three other CPS supervisors after 22-month old Tamryn Klapheke was found dead.
CPS had been monitoring the Klapheke home and had closed the case less than a week before the young girls death.
Autopsy results showed the girl died of neglect and malnutrition. She was found in her own waste.
Denny was program director, and was dismissed for violations of CPS policy. Two other superivsors on leave have retired. The fourth, Barbara McDaniel is still on leave.
McDaniel and Denny have been paid over $60,000 since being placed on paid leave according to documents obtained by KTXS news.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck