ABILENE, Texas - Child Protective Services supervisor Gretchen Denny is no longer an employee.
Denny has been on paid administrative leave since October.
During that time the state and local police have been investigating Denny and three other CPS supervisors after 22-month old Tamryn Klapheke was found dead.
CPS had been monitoring the Klapheke home and had closed the case less than a week before the young girls death.
Autopsy results showed the girl died of neglect and malnutrition. She was found in her own waste.
Denny was program director, and was dismissed for violations of CPS policy. Two other superivsors on leave have retired. The fourth, Barbara McDaniel is still on leave.
McDaniel and Denny have been paid over $60,000 since being placed on paid leave according to documents obtained by KTXS news.
- Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Missing Texas dad of 3 is found in Ohio, met someone online
- Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring