ABILENE, Texas - The trial of Tiffany Klapheke, the Dyess Air Force Base mom charged with neglect that resulted in the death of her 22-month-old daughter, is scheduled to begin next week.
Four former Child Protective Service workers – and one current employee – are on the witness list for the trial.
All had some involvement in the Klapheke investigation that CPS undertook before the child died.
Those subpoenaed to appear at the trial include Gretchen Denny, Bit Whitaker, Barbara McDaniel, Tiffany Gann, and Rebecca Tapia.
McDaniel is the only one still working for CPS. The others either resigned or were fired by the agency because of their involvement in the Klapheke investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated