ABILENE, Texas - The trial of Tiffany Klapheke, the Dyess Air Force Base mom charged with neglect that resulted in the death of her 22-month-old daughter, is scheduled to begin next week.
Four former Child Protective Service workers – and one current employee – are on the witness list for the trial.
All had some involvement in the Klapheke investigation that CPS undertook before the child died.
Those subpoenaed to appear at the trial include Gretchen Denny, Bit Whitaker, Barbara McDaniel, Tiffany Gann, and Rebecca Tapia.
McDaniel is the only one still working for CPS. The others either resigned or were fired by the agency because of their involvement in the Klapheke investigation.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range