ABILENE, Texas - The trial of Tiffany Klapheke, the Dyess Air Force Base mom charged with neglect that resulted in the death of her 22-month-old daughter, is scheduled to begin next week.
Four former Child Protective Service workers – and one current employee – are on the witness list for the trial.
All had some involvement in the Klapheke investigation that CPS undertook before the child died.
Those subpoenaed to appear at the trial include Gretchen Denny, Bit Whitaker, Barbara McDaniel, Tiffany Gann, and Rebecca Tapia.
McDaniel is the only one still working for CPS. The others either resigned or were fired by the agency because of their involvement in the Klapheke investigation.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking