EARLY, Texas - Early police have seized the home computer of a 44-year-old man who allegedly took photographs of young girls inside Heartland Mall last week.
Lawren "Larry" Mark Riveire faces charges of improper photography or visual recordings after mall staff and the Early Police Department followed up on a tip last Friday.
"We have seized the computer from his home, but it will also have to be scanned properly to find anything on it," Early Police Chief David Mercer said in an email.
Riveire's bond was set at $10,000. He remained in Brown County Jail as of Wednesday morning, online records indicated.
While Mercer previously said Riveire could face additional charges, there are "no new charges at this time," he said Tuesday.
"(We're) still working on getting the phone forensics," Mercer said.
If child pornography is found, then Riveire will be charged with possession of child pornography, Mercer said last week.
Last week, Mercer said Riveire admitted to having child pornography on the phone that "he downloaded from the Internet, but due to the amount of pictures and videos that has not been located yet."
According to a news release, Heartland Mall staff on Friday began watching Riveire after being told a man was taking photographs with his cell phone. Officers contacted Riveire and received permission to search his phone, the release said.
"The cell phone contained numerous photos of young girls taken at that location that day," Early police said in the release.
In addition, the phone contained "many photos of other young boys and girls in various other locations around Brownwood and Early in businesses, residences and churches," the release said.
Furthermore, Early police identified several children through their parents
"Several of the photos are very disturbing indicating he may have been stalking the children," the release said. "At this time no evidence has been found where he has assaulted any child."
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student