EARLY, Texas - Early police have seized the home computer of a 44-year-old man who allegedly took photographs of young girls inside Heartland Mall last week.
Lawren "Larry" Mark Riveire faces charges of improper photography or visual recordings after mall staff and the Early Police Department followed up on a tip last Friday.
"We have seized the computer from his home, but it will also have to be scanned properly to find anything on it," Early Police Chief David Mercer said in an email.
Riveire's bond was set at $10,000. He remained in Brown County Jail as of Wednesday morning, online records indicated.
While Mercer previously said Riveire could face additional charges, there are "no new charges at this time," he said Tuesday.
"(We're) still working on getting the phone forensics," Mercer said.
If child pornography is found, then Riveire will be charged with possession of child pornography, Mercer said last week.
Last week, Mercer said Riveire admitted to having child pornography on the phone that "he downloaded from the Internet, but due to the amount of pictures and videos that has not been located yet."
According to a news release, Heartland Mall staff on Friday began watching Riveire after being told a man was taking photographs with his cell phone. Officers contacted Riveire and received permission to search his phone, the release said.
"The cell phone contained numerous photos of young girls taken at that location that day," Early police said in the release.
In addition, the phone contained "many photos of other young boys and girls in various other locations around Brownwood and Early in businesses, residences and churches," the release said.
Furthermore, Early police identified several children through their parents
"Several of the photos are very disturbing indicating he may have been stalking the children," the release said. "At this time no evidence has been found where he has assaulted any child."
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel