DALLAS, Texas - The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Dallas Division is seeking help in identifying a man – known only as John Doe 28 – accused of sexually exploiting a child.
The FBI said the suspect appears to be a Caucasian male, possibly in his 30s or 40s, with a receding hairline and wearing wire-framed glasses. Photos of him are attached to this story.
Here's the entire FBI news release:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is seeking the public's assistance to obtain identifying information regarding an unknown male suspected of sexually exploiting a child. Photographs and informational posters depicting the unknown individual, known only as John Doe 28, are being disseminated to the public and can be found online at the FBI website at http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/ecap.
Initial images and video of the unidentified adult male, John Doe 28, engaging in sexually explicit activities with a child were first recorded by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in November of 2012. Investigators for the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have successfully enhanced images depicting John Doe 28 and believe they contain several clues, which may assist with the identification of the subject. For example, the video depicts the subject and the victim inside a residence with what appears to be a blue sofa chair and a picture hanging on a wall in the background. Additionally, the subject is wearing wire-framed glasses and a burgundy t-shirt with what appears to be a shark logo on his left side.
There are no specific details linking the suspect to a particular state or region of the United States, and both his identity and whereabouts are currently unknown.
The suspect appears to be a Caucasian male, possibly in his 30s or 40s, with a receding hairline and wearing wire-framed glasses. Anyone with information to provide should submit a tip online at https://tips.fbi.gov/, or call the FBI's toll-free tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324). The public is reminded no charges have been filed in this case and the pictured individual is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
This individual is being sought as part of the FBI's Operation Rescue Me and Endangered Child Alert Program (ECAP) initiatives, both of which represent strategic partnerships between the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Operation Rescue Me focuses on utilizing clues obtained through in-depth image analysis to identify the child victims depicted in child exploitation material, while ECAP seeks national and international media exposure of unknown adults (referred to as John/Jane Doe) who visibly display their faces and/or other distinguishing characteristics in association with child pornography images.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated