ABILENE, Texas - A small fire at Ortiz Elementary School on Tuesday morning prompted students to be temporarily moved to Mann Middle School.
Students returned to Ortiz after the fire damage to a school bathroom was cleaned up and repaired.
According to an Abilene Fire Department news release, the fire was reportedly located inside the wall and was "quickly extinguished."
Abilene Fire Department arson investigators and Abilene Police Department juvenile detectives are investigating the fire's cause. Preliminary damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
No injuries were reported.
Ortiz Elementary is located at 2550 Vogel.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash