ABILENE, Texas - A small fire at Ortiz Elementary School on Tuesday morning prompted students to be temporarily moved to Mann Middle School.
Students returned to Ortiz after the fire damage to a school bathroom was cleaned up and repaired.
According to an Abilene Fire Department news release, the fire was reportedly located inside the wall and was "quickly extinguished."
Abilene Fire Department arson investigators and Abilene Police Department juvenile detectives are investigating the fire's cause. Preliminary damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
No injuries were reported.
Ortiz Elementary is located at 2550 Vogel.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities