ABILENE, Texas - A small fire at Ortiz Elementary School on Tuesday morning prompted students to be temporarily moved to Mann Middle School.
Students returned to Ortiz after the fire damage to a school bathroom was cleaned up and repaired.
According to an Abilene Fire Department news release, the fire was reportedly located inside the wall and was "quickly extinguished."
Abilene Fire Department arson investigators and Abilene Police Department juvenile detectives are investigating the fire's cause. Preliminary damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
No injuries were reported.
Ortiz Elementary is located at 2550 Vogel.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi