ABILENE, Texas - A small fire at Ortiz Elementary School on Tuesday morning prompted students to be temporarily moved to Mann Middle School.
Students returned to Ortiz after the fire damage to a school bathroom was cleaned up and repaired.
According to an Abilene Fire Department news release, the fire was reportedly located inside the wall and was "quickly extinguished."
Abilene Fire Department arson investigators and Abilene Police Department juvenile detectives are investigating the fire's cause. Preliminary damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
No injuries were reported.
Ortiz Elementary is located at 2550 Vogel.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS