ABILENE, Texas - A small fire at Ortiz Elementary School on Tuesday morning prompted students to be temporarily moved to Mann Middle School.
Students returned to Ortiz after the fire damage to a school bathroom was cleaned up and repaired.
According to an Abilene Fire Department news release, the fire was reportedly located inside the wall and was "quickly extinguished."
Abilene Fire Department arson investigators and Abilene Police Department juvenile detectives are investigating the fire's cause. Preliminary damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
No injuries were reported.
Ortiz Elementary is located at 2550 Vogel.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin