ABILENE, Texas - One person is dead Saturday afternoon after a minivan collided with a pickup northwest of Abilene.
Abilene police said a little after noon a white minivan was merging onto eastbound I-20 from an access road near North Willis Street when it collided with a red Ford pickup.
Marlinda Beasley, 43, from Hawley was driving the pickup.
She died at the scene of the accident. All three passengers inside the minivan were OK.
Police said Beasley was not wearing a seat belt. They don't know if alcohol is a contributing factor.
This crash is under investigation by APD.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated