OVALO, Texas - The Taylor County sheriff's office is investigating an assault that happened early Tuesday morning.
It happened about 4 a.m. in Ovalo near a residence in the 25-hundred block of County Road 134.
The resident of a home called 911 stating that a man was ringing their door bell asking for help and saying - "someone is trying to kill me."
When officers arrived they found a man laying face down near the driveway. He was bleeding from head wounds.
He told officers he was hitchhiking from Amarillo when some people offered him a ride but, after stopping at a house in Abilene for a short time, they drove south with him in a van and robbed and beat him.
Officers say they have three suspects that they're looking at but the victim was not able to give them any names.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident