OVALO, Texas - The Taylor County sheriff's office is investigating an assault that happened early Tuesday morning.
It happened about 4 a.m. in Ovalo near a residence in the 25-hundred block of County Road 134.
The resident of a home called 911 stating that a man was ringing their door bell asking for help and saying - "someone is trying to kill me."
When officers arrived they found a man laying face down near the driveway. He was bleeding from head wounds.
He told officers he was hitchhiking from Amarillo when some people offered him a ride but, after stopping at a house in Abilene for a short time, they drove south with him in a van and robbed and beat him.
Officers say they have three suspects that they're looking at but the victim was not able to give them any names.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated