OVALO, Texas - The Taylor County sheriff's office is investigating an assault that happened early Tuesday morning.
It happened about 4 a.m. in Ovalo near a residence in the 25-hundred block of County Road 134.
The resident of a home called 911 stating that a man was ringing their door bell asking for help and saying - "someone is trying to kill me."
When officers arrived they found a man laying face down near the driveway. He was bleeding from head wounds.
He told officers he was hitchhiking from Amarillo when some people offered him a ride but, after stopping at a house in Abilene for a short time, they drove south with him in a van and robbed and beat him.
Officers say they have three suspects that they're looking at but the victim was not able to give them any names.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash