OVALO, Texas - The Taylor County sheriff's office is investigating an assault that happened early Tuesday morning.
It happened about 4 a.m. in Ovalo near a residence in the 25-hundred block of County Road 134.
The resident of a home called 911 stating that a man was ringing their door bell asking for help and saying - "someone is trying to kill me."
When officers arrived they found a man laying face down near the driveway. He was bleeding from head wounds.
He told officers he was hitchhiking from Amarillo when some people offered him a ride but, after stopping at a house in Abilene for a short time, they drove south with him in a van and robbed and beat him.
Officers say they have three suspects that they're looking at but the victim was not able to give them any names.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene