ABILENE, Texas - Closing arguments are scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the change of venue hearing for ex-Dyess Air Force Base dependent Tiffany Klapheke.
Klapheke was arrested Aug. 29, 2012 after her toddler, Tamryn, was found unresponsive in their home on base the day before. Klapheke called 911 to report the unresponsive toddler. According to an autopsy, Tamryn was dehydrated, malnourished and suffered chemical burns from waste.
In a hearing earlier this month, Klapheke's defense attorney, David Thedford, claimed she could not get a fair trial in Taylor County and presented witness to back his claim.
District Attorney James Eidson, who will prosecute the case, argued the opposite and presented his own witnesses.
The hearing is set to take place in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide