ABILENE, Texas - A Child Protective Services supervisor under investigation in Taylor County could lose her job.
KTXS news has confirmed the Department of Family and Protective Services has started termination proceedings against Gretchen Denny.
A spokesperson for the department said Denny is appealing.
Denny and two other CPS supervisors are accused of tampering with, and fabricating, evidence in the investigation of 22-month-old Tamryn Klapheke, who Abilene police say died from neglect at a home on Dyess Air Force Base. Tiffany Klapheke, the child's mother, remains in Taylor County Jail on $500,000 bond on child injury charges.
One of the other supervisors – Bit Whitaker – resigned last month.
According to the department's spokesperson, a third supervisor being investigated – Barbara McDaniel – is still on paid-administrative leave and is not facing any termination proceedings currently.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017