ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base airman filed for divorce Monday against his wife who is accused of neglecting their three daughters. One daughter was found dead.
Tiffany Klapheke, 22, was charged with three counts of felony injury to a child Aug. 29 after Abilene police and Dyess officials responded to her 911 call the day before and found her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, dead.
A preliminary autopsy report revealed Tamryn likely died from prolonged lack of food and water. Her two sisters, Tatum and Taberlee, suffered from similar neglect and were transported to Cook Children's Health Care System in Fort Worth for treatment.
Klapheke's husband, Thomas, was deployed in the Middle East at the time. He filed for divorce at the Taylor County Courthouse Monday.
As of Friday, Tiffany is being held in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $500,000.
- Updated Man charged in slaying of woman at Texas gambling room
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families