ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base airman filed for divorce Monday against his wife who is accused of neglecting their three daughters. One daughter was found dead.
Tiffany Klapheke, 22, was charged with three counts of felony injury to a child Aug. 29 after Abilene police and Dyess officials responded to her 911 call the day before and found her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, dead.
A preliminary autopsy report revealed Tamryn likely died from prolonged lack of food and water. Her two sisters, Tatum and Taberlee, suffered from similar neglect and were transported to Cook Children's Health Care System in Fort Worth for treatment.
Klapheke's husband, Thomas, was deployed in the Middle East at the time. He filed for divorce at the Taylor County Courthouse Monday.
As of Friday, Tiffany is being held in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $500,000.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found