ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base airman filed for divorce Monday against his wife who is accused of neglecting their three daughters. One daughter was found dead.
Tiffany Klapheke, 22, was charged with three counts of felony injury to a child Aug. 29 after Abilene police and Dyess officials responded to her 911 call the day before and found her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, dead.
A preliminary autopsy report revealed Tamryn likely died from prolonged lack of food and water. Her two sisters, Tatum and Taberlee, suffered from similar neglect and were transported to Cook Children's Health Care System in Fort Worth for treatment.
Klapheke's husband, Thomas, was deployed in the Middle East at the time. He filed for divorce at the Taylor County Courthouse Monday.
As of Friday, Tiffany is being held in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $500,000.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run