ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene judge has scheduled a second hearing for a woman accused in a horrendous death.
District Judge Lee Hamilton has set a hearing Aug. 27 to hear from prosecution and the defense. Earlier this month, a change of venue hearing was held at the request of Tiffany Klapheke, claiming an impartial jury couldn't be found in Taylor County.
Hamilton will ultimately rule on whether the trial should be moved to another county.
Klapheke, the former wife of a Dyess airman, was charged with injury to a child after her 22-month old daughter Tamyrn died of neglect a year ago.
According to an autopsy, Tamryn was dehydrated, malnourished and had chemical burns from her own waste.
Klapheke faces up to life in prison if convicted.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account