ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene judge has scheduled a second hearing for a woman accused in a horrendous death.
District Judge Lee Hamilton has set a hearing Aug. 27 to hear from prosecution and the defense. Earlier this month, a change of venue hearing was held at the request of Tiffany Klapheke, claiming an impartial jury couldn't be found in Taylor County.
Hamilton will ultimately rule on whether the trial should be moved to another county.
Klapheke, the former wife of a Dyess airman, was charged with injury to a child after her 22-month old daughter Tamyrn died of neglect a year ago.
According to an autopsy, Tamryn was dehydrated, malnourished and had chemical burns from her own waste.
Klapheke faces up to life in prison if convicted.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide