ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene judge has scheduled a second hearing for a woman accused in a horrendous death.
District Judge Lee Hamilton has set a hearing Aug. 27 to hear from prosecution and the defense. Earlier this month, a change of venue hearing was held at the request of Tiffany Klapheke, claiming an impartial jury couldn't be found in Taylor County.
Hamilton will ultimately rule on whether the trial should be moved to another county.
Klapheke, the former wife of a Dyess airman, was charged with injury to a child after her 22-month old daughter Tamyrn died of neglect a year ago.
According to an autopsy, Tamryn was dehydrated, malnourished and had chemical burns from her own waste.
Klapheke faces up to life in prison if convicted.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated